|BD Profile||BD-Live (2.0)|
|Disc loading||Tray Loading|
|MSRPManufacturer's suggested retail price||$219|
|Release date||February 15, 2010|
|Warranty||1 Year Parts/90 Days Labor|
The LG BD570 is an advanced Blu-Ray player that has numerous unique features that enhances the entertainment experience. To give users a variety of options to choose content from, owners can use Netcast to access sites like Netflix and CinemaNow where they can purchase videos of their choosing.
- Integrated WiFi Connectivity
- NetCast Entertainment Access (Wi-Fi Ready)*
- Home Link
- Blu-ray and DVD Disc Playback
- Standard DVD Up-Scaling
- Superior Audio Performance
- Express Reaction Startup
- USB 2.0 Media Host (FAT32 and NTFS compatible)
- LG SimpLink
Network Blu-ray Disc Player with Wireless Connectivity
If you want stunning Full HD 1080p and the unlimited possibilities of wireless, streaming entertainment, you've found it with the BD570 Network Blu-ray Disc Player. With NetCast Entertainment Access and Integrated Wi-Fi Connectivity, you get thousands of movies, shows and online videos straight to your TV from your wireless Internet connection at home. This is a Blu-ray player that delivers the best in HD, while setting your entertainment free in more ways than one.
Issues and Solutions
Note that many issues can be fixed by install Firmware version .323C, setting the 1080p Display Mode from 24Hz to 60Hz, and turning off BD Live.
Skipping or Audio Distortions
Some disks may experience skipping ahead during playback. Newer firmware versions higher than 211C can cause skipping when 24Hz is selected.
- Set the 1080p Display Mode from 24Hz to 60Hz as follows: Setup / Display / 1080p Display Mode / 60Hz
- Or downgrade your firmware to version .211C
BD Live Issues
BD Live is not handled well by most players. You should disable BD Live as follows:
- Disable BD Live: Setup / Network / BD Live / Prohibited
Wireless Network Issues
Here are some things to try if the player cannot connect to the network:
- Do a wired Ethernet connection to your LG to make sure internet connectivity is not completely broken on the unit.
- Access your router's admin and make sure your LG mac address is not being blocked somehow. Make sure your router sees your LG out there.
- Buy a different router and see if you still can't connect, if you can't it's easier to return a router then your LG.
Playing Video Files
For a good description of the video file formats supported, please see this post.
Play DVD ISO Files
- Run XBMC on a computer, enable uPnp in XBMC, put the ISOs in XBMC, connect to XBMC from from the player. Note that rewind and Fast Forward are not supported.
Play VOB Files
- Rename the files to mpg
- Or run a DLNA server (For example Serviio) to play the files
Play Files With VC-1 Codec
- Run a DLNA server (For example Serviio) to transcode the file on the fly
Video Stutter Playing Image files
- Try pressing fast-forward, then play
Make the Player Region Free
- So far, no region free hack has been found for the BD5x0 series. It seems the easiest way to go region free for both Blu-ray and DVD in the US is to pick up an Insiginia player from Best Buy. All of the Insiginia Blu-ray players can be made region free with a few button presses on the remote.
Cannot update the firmware over the network
- Try again in a few days. There may be many people updating and slowing down the server especially right after a new version is released or after Christmas.
- Download the firmware from LG. Go to www.lgusa.com. Click on Video then select your Blu-ray model. Then click Support, followed by Drivers & Software. The page also includes instructions on how to upgrade.
- Direct links to newest and all previous firmware files are located on this Wiki page.
Factory Reset Procedure
- Unplug the unit from power.
- Press and hold the power button on the unit itself for about 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the unit.
No Audio Through HDMI
Try disabling the HDMI-CEC feature on the rest of my components. Please note that there are no CEC settings on the LG. The player just doesn't seem to play nice with other manufacturers CEC features.
Cannot Display Large JPG Pictures
- Any JPG under 4MB should display fine.
- Any JPG over 4MB will not display but will let you preview.
Photo Files recommended size: (From the manual)
- Less than 4,000 x 3,000 x 24 bit/pixel
- Less than 3,000 x 3,000 x 32 bit/pixel
- Progressive and lossless compression photo image files are not supported.
Disable Sound from HDMI
- You cannot disable the HDMI sound. Try turning down the volume all the way on the TV/display.
Netflix Streaming Not Working
Try initializing the player's setting and setting up the player again.
CIFS Login Issues
First, follow the procedures here: DLNA Setup on a LG Blu-ray Player
Then if that doesn't work, try removing Windows Live products (if you have them installed already) as described here: LG Home Link CIFS Problems Solved
Finally, you may need to change a network security setting. This only seems to apply to Vista or Windows 7, which use a different version of NT LAN Manager (NTLM) than XP, and they need to be set up so they can accept connections from earlier versions of the NTLM protocol, which it seems the LG player uses for maximum compatibility with what is still the most widely used OS out there. The procedure is as follows:
1. Open the Run command and type "secpol.msc".
Optional: (2. Press "continue" when prompted by UAC.)
3. Click on "Local Policies" --> "Security Options"
4. Navigate to the policy "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level" and open it.
By default Windows Vista sets the policy to "NTVLM2 responses only". Windows 7 was set as "undefined" in my experience.
5. Change this to "LM and NTLM – use NTLMV2 session security if negotiated".
6. Click OK.
After this your shared folders will show up. You shouldn't have to bother with the CIFS login either, as Windows 7 has a built-in DLNA server.
This document may also help: LG BD570 and BD670 CIFS/DLNA Sharing Instructions for a Windows 7 PC.
Firmware Releases - Files and Release Notes
Steps to install firmware (upgrade or downgrade):
- Download the firmware file archive from this Wiki page or LG's site.
- Uncompress the file
- Copy the resulting LG_BD_*.ROM* file(s) to a CD ROM or the root directory of an empty USB drive
- Turn on the player without a disc and wait until the home menu appears
- Put in the burned disc or plug the USB drive into the front panel
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- BD500s upgrade instructions PDF
- Installing firmware may change some or all settings to their defaults. If you have problems after installing firmware, check that your settings are correct.
- The firmware versions referenced by this page are for the US player. To use in players for other countries, you may have to rename the ROM files to get them recognized.
Release Date: 07/30/11
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.360.C
- LG Release notes: "The new firmware will improve belows 1) the performance of BD-LIVE 2) the performance home key and Netcast key during canal playing. 3) the performance when set the language as french during 'Harry Potter' playing."
- No chapter skip/audio problem on SDVD
- YouTube video fine
- All VUDU audio on previews and trailers worked great
- Pandora fine
- DivX TV fine
- Gracenote worked on CD's, SDVD's and Blu-ray's equally as well
Release Date: 07/08/11
File: UK LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.356.C
- Not available at the moment
Release Date: 06/29/11
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.355.C
- LG release notes: "The new firmware will improve the Playability of DVD and BD disc (Where the light is, Dolby Test Disc, Tokyo Drift, Green Hornet 3D, LaBoheme, Sanctum 3D, Tangled 3D, The King's Speech)"
- Fixed problem of audio dropouts after chapter skips on regular (e.g. non-bluray) DVD playback
- Netflix lip sync issue fixed
- VUDU audio pass through of DTS 5.1 still works
- MLB seems to work well
- Terminator 2: Skynet Edition seems playable (menu still crashes occasionally)
- Vudu now has sound on both trailers and 2 minute previews
- Toy Story 2 may still skip chapters with 355.c
Release Date: 05/31/11
File: (not yet available from LG)
- VUDU audio pass through of DTS 5.1 fixed
- CNET is full HD again
- When playing CDs, player access to the Gracenote server can cause the player to lock up
- Still have a problem of audio dropouts after chapter skips on regular (e.g. non-bluray) DVD playback (depends on
- Unknown if WiFi issues are fixed
Release Date: 04/09/11
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.339.C
- Improved MLB.TV playback, although still skipping backwards/forward during playback
- Fixed Skipping problems with a 1080p/24 Hz setting
- Introduced problem of audio dropouts after chapter skips on regular (e.g. non-bluray) DVD playback
- Problem with VUDU audio during 2 minute preview playback
- Problem with VUDU audio pass through of DTS 5.1
- Problems with wireless losing connection often, taking multiple attempts to relink with router
Release Date: 03/31/11
- Introduces problems with WiFi
Release Date: 03/16/11
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.332.C
- Improves the Playability of BD discs (specifically pirated discs such as Gladiator, Up, Robin Hood)
- Possible other changes (unknown?)
Release Date: 11/26/10
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.323.C
- [LG] Applying for BDROM Batch #5
- Can now play multiple Blu-ray discs without a subsequent power down
- Skipping problems with a 1080p/24Hz setting (LG Says they will be releasing a fix for this sometime in January 2011)
- Alien Anthology
- Avatar: Collector's Edition
- Clash of the Titan
- District 9
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
- Get Him to the Greek
- Iron Man 2
- Prince of Persia
- The Proposition - Special Edition
- Role Models
- Some report MKV files not showing up (Windows Home Server, a NAS with built-in DLNA)
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.317.C
Release Date: 10/11/10
- DivX.TV application added
- Must power down between playing multiple Blu-ray discs.
Release Date: 9/9/10
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.300.C
- [LG] This firmware is disabled "Audio watermark" DRM
- Cinavia audio watermark support removed
- Playback issues with mkv files (BD570 EU version). Playing xvid files with external subs work fine too.
- No subtitles with Blu-ray disks? 
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.288.C
Release Date: 8/19/10
- Skipping problems with a 1080p/24Hz setting returns
- Cinavia audio watermark support added
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.259.C
Release Date: 6/1/10
- Support for VOB files removed
- MLB.TV application added
File: US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.211.C
Release Date: 4/8/10
- Fixed skipping problems with a 1080p/24Hz setting
Release Date: 2/28/10
- Skipping problems with a 1080p/24Hz setting
|Frame Rate||60, 24|
Files and Documentation
- AVS Forum Official LG BD550/BD560/BD570/BD590 Owners Thread
- LG BD570 Product Specification page
- Alternative Firmware update procedure
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.211.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.259.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.288.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.300.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.317.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.323.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.332.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.339.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.355.C
- US LG BD570 Firmware BD.8.31.360.C
- US LG BD570 Servo Firmware H80588
- US LG BD570 Servo Firmware H80602